Friday, March 5, 2010

Down the rabbit hole

  Adventure to Charleston SC started out yesterday. What should have only taken 6 hours to Jersey, took 8 long hours. Its funny how ones mind wonders so much when they aren't as focused on things as should be. Such as driving. Though my eyes never left the road and I was fully aware of my surroundings, all I could think about was  Charleston. A city I have yet to visit but keep dreaming about. I admit it, I'm a culinary junkey. I find this as a complement not a negative, it shows passion for what I do.

 

 
 This brings me to this intriguing mad post. Some of you readers may wonder what is in my hand in my profile picture? Well watching Alice in Wonderland (in 3D), all I can think of is food. Weird....I know....but it brought a lot of inspiration. (inspiration can come in many ways, shapes, and forms.....true artists know what i'm talking about) What this brought about was me thinking about my chemicals to form Molecular Gastronomy. I originally found this trend to be just a passing trend, and something i would not like. It wasn't till I decided to do spherification for my chemistry project. I played with different fruits and vegetables and made caviar, pasta, and yolk forms. After being oddly inspired by Tim Burton's design of "Wunderland",  ideas of possible menu items have stricken my mind. Look out world for "bloody marry shots", "banana pasta" and other wacky ideas. I know they are not original ideas, but its hard now a days to come up with true original ideas. It's all on how its presented.  

 Well sitting here with my girlfriend and her family until Sunday, then its off on the road again.
Till later folks, Keep on Cookin
with strength and honor

    

No comments:

Post a Comment